Corporate Video Marketing
Corporate video marketing is quickly becoming one of the most effective tools in a company’s marketing strategy. Tried and tested, advertising through video production has a proven track record of success.
However, it’s all well and good to simply say that. But the question remains: Where are the facts? So, without further adieu, One Productions presents 15 facts and statistics that help elaborate on the recent increase in the popularity of corporate video marketing.
- The second largest search engine in the world is YouTube.
- Online Publishers Association recently stated that 80% of the people they surveyed remembered a video ad that they looked at in the last 30 days.
- Of that 80%, 46% of the people took action afterwards.
- The use of certain B2B content marketing tactics has risen greatly. With video marketing rising from 52% to 70% usage between 2011 and 2012
- ‘Producing enough content’ has surpassed ‘Producing the kind of content that engages’ as the top challenge faced by B2B companies.
- 58% of B2B marketers rate videos as the most effective content marketing tactic.
- 61% of B2B marketers use YouTube to distribute content
- 75% of the world now has access to a mobile phone and that 59% of mobile device users prefer watching video over reading text.
- Having videos makes it fifty times more likely to rank on the first page of Google compared to text only web pages
- Social media has gained in popularity with 70% of Irish marketers maintaining a business presence on Facebook and 44 % with their own YouTube Channels.
- For the second year in a row (2012), YouTube/video is the top area where marketers plan on increasing their social media efforts. Marketers plan on increasing their use of YouTube/video (76%), Facebook (72%), Twitter (69%), blogs (68%), Google+ (67%) and LinkedIn (66%) in that order.
- YouTube averages 4 billion hits each day, and 61% of B2B marketers leverage YouTube to extend the reach of their messaging and brands.
- Among online consumers, watching video content on computers has become just as common as watching video on television, over half of global online consumers (56%) watch that video content on a mobile device at least once a month.
- The average length of a corporate video is 3.5 minutes.
- According to results from Demand Gen Report’s 2013 Content Preferences Survey, 50% of respondents watched a video to research B2B purchasing decisions in the past 12 months.
So there it is. We hope these figures help provide some insight into the rise in corporate video marketing. For all information in regards to these corporate video marketing facts and figures, please feel free to check out our research links below.
Links to research: